Aveda is passionate about conservation and here at Charisma, we are too!
Since 1999, the Aveda Earth Month campaign has raised over $56 million dollars to benefit organizations that directly affect environmental change.
Here are some ways you can help make Earth Month 2018 a success:
- Purchase a limited-edition Light the Way candle (in-store for $14) and 100% of your purchase proceeds will support clean water projects globally through Global Greengrants Fund. This limited-edition candle features a grounding aroma with organic vetiver from Haiti, and will bring light and warmth into your life while helping provide access to clean water for those in need around the world.
- By skipping a 9 minute shower, you can save approximately 18 gallons (68.1 liters) of water! Use Shampure Dry Shampoo and Thermal Dry Conditioner to refresh your hair on a non-wash day. (*Average shower in the U.S. uses 2 gallons per minute. Source: https://water.usgs.gov/edu/activity-watercontent.php)
- Prevent pollution by choosing organic produce. Runoff from farms that use pesticides and chemicals can pollute water.
- Skip meat 1 day a week and you can a lot of water. It takes up to 1,800 gallons of water to produce 1 pound of beef. (https://foodtank.com/news/2013/12/why-meat-eats-resources/)
- Compost fruit and vegetable peelings and other food waste instead of using the garbage disposal.
- Use leftover ice from drinks in potted plants, providing a cool drink that wont overflow or waste water.
- Turn off your faucet while brusing your teeth to save up to 28 gallons a week
- Switch to refillable water bottles. It takes 2-3 times as much waste to make disposable water bottles as it does to fill up your own. (https://www.watercalculator.org/water-use/the-hidden-water-in-everyday-products/)
- You can also visit us at Charisma and purchase raindrops ($1 or $5 for 6), the proceeds of which will go to clean water projects and will enter you into a drawing for a $100 gift card!
There’s so many small changes you can make to conserve water and contribute to clean water projects worldwide. Our hope is that these changes don’t just happen in April but become regular parts of your daily life.
Thanks for all the hard work and Happy Earth Month!